Monday, July 03, 2006

The "doctor" and the doctor

I can't help but be amused that Kevin Warwick at University of Reading has created a robotic dalek... I giggle.

Warwick is the guy who implanted a chip into his forearm in an effort to begin developing real world applications of cybernetic implants. The most unusual thing I've read that he has suggested is the possibility of implants in different people communicating with each other. Apparently his wife has volunteered to have herself implanted as well and they're going to try to communicate through the implants via computer. It all sounds very interesting. I wonder if he'll be talking about it when he visits MIT in September? If I'm here and can scrape together the registration fee, it certainly would be interesting to hear him speak about it!

No comments: