Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Very excited!

Although teaching post-secondary is an activity that ostensibly is part of the "life of the mind", I find myself starving for real intellectual engagement. It's at times like this that I really regret having left the city of my doctoral program because that was at least one place to get that.

So you can imagine my delight at the prospect of a summer free from teaching in which I can live the "life of the mind" without also trying to explain to a student how 2 pages about how video gaming is so cool falls short of a 5 page argumentative essay!

I of course will still be doing my online work - and we've just been approved for a major project that's set to begin in about a month - but I also anticipate having much more time available for doing what I love.

Now I just have to get through the next 5 weeks...

No comments: