Saturday, November 22, 2008

For me, hell will be a waiting room

I am waiting.

I am waiting to hear back from my advisor about meeting.

I am waiting to hear from my other committee members about submitted chapters.

I am waiting to receive files for my online work so I can finish one project.

I am waiting to hear back about a conference paper and article proposal. (I have all but given up waiting on the other proposal that's floating around out there)

I am waiting to find out what office I will be in at work since the woman whose desk I'm sitting at returns next semester.

And yet, despite all this waiting, I still have so many other tasks that have yet to be accomplished. The problem with this situation, is that I'm not a terribly patient person. I don't like waiting. Especially when it's something that I'm anxious about, and I've been especially anxious about my scholarly output in the last few months. So I wait, but it would be a mistake to say I wait patiently.

Inspired by PhD Mamas... who speak so much more eloquently about their waiting than I.

No comments: