Wednesday, November 26, 2008

RBOC: end of semester version

Because I've started about 20 blog posts in my head over the last week, none of which feel like a full post, I give you bullets instead...
  • Students are starting to panic - big time - and I'm finding myself fairly unsympathetic. I feel like I've given them every opportunity to get with the program, and some of them just haven't.
  • I've been doing the voiceover work for one of our elearning projects. It's been an interesting learning experience about my own "reading voice" and it is very strange to hear your own voice as you review every file to make sure it's complete.
  • We've decided that there must be an unwritten rule that at every Science Cafe, someone has to ask a question about pseudoscience (last night's was about crystals and auras at a neurology lecture). Amusing, and I have to admire the speakers' ability not to laugh at the questions.
  • I've heard back on one of those things I was waiting on - whoppee!
  • I hate daylight savings. Especially when it means the sun is down before school is out. How does this save us money??
  • I went to a bar with "dueling pianos" over the weekend. I've been to piano bars before. But this was something very, very different. And a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The audience interaction was fun and entertaining, especially the two stagettes...
Told you none of it was terribly interesting.

No comments: