Sunday, December 18, 2005

Saved from embarassment... again!

So I went to a holiday party last night, even though it was the only night ALL season long that I was gonna get to see the Flames on tv ('cause they were playing the Bruins of course). The party was so worth it!

I joked that I would only come to the party if I could turn the tv on, but once there (with daughter at home watching & taping the game for me after hubby persevered in figuring out why the VCR wasn't taping - moment of panic!) I decided it would certainly be better to avoid sharing with all my friends my hockey watching behaviour.

Let's just say, I make many non-linguistic vocalizations.

Oldest daughter has threatened to tape me and play it back for my her amusement. I watch her very carefully anytime she comes into the room while I'm watching in order to detect any suspicious bulges in her pockets, you can be sure!

But what a game! OMG! That 2 minute window in the first period was amazing! 3 goals in less than 2 minutes - what a way to start the game! Sure, the second period lagged, but the fast pace of the third one made up for it. And what a nice way to start a Sunday morning, watching hockey. I think they should change hockey games to Sunday mornings just for that reason, because it's really rather a delightful way to start your day.

And thanks to my patience, it is only my family who heard me "cheer" the game last night.

No comments: