Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Students and violence... not what you think

Those students are burying me in their papers... all I can hope is that I will soon finish responding to all of them.

In the meantime, go see V for Vendetta.

I planned to see this movie as soon as it came out, and I was even more impressed with it than I expected. If you're staying away because of the R-rating, don't. There's almost no sex and while there's violence, most of it is stylized with little blood. But some of the ideas might be incendiary if exposed to someone in the right frame of mind.

Oh, and A History of Violence - now on DVD - was also excellent. Interesting to watch both movies within a few days of each other. Each question what role violence plays in our society and come to different, but equally thought provoking conclusions. Perhaps I'll blog further about it once I crawl out from under the weight of all thse papers.

1 comment:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Vendetta has certainly earned a spot on my "Must See" list... I just hope I don't let it languish there, as I did with Capote, King Kong and far too many others.

Good luck with those papers!