Sunday, November 14, 2004

Good eats and seats

Had brunch at Fenway Park today in the .406 club. The food was very good (it included smoked salmon and some fabuous rolled french toast) and the view of the field was awesome (even if it is being torn up to put in a new drainage system). The guest speaker has led a very interesting life, even if sometimes he described it in a bit too much detail, but I felt a special affinity with a dentist who became VP of PR for the Red Sox, since my career has certainly taken a few right-angle turns like that as well.

Pretty nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

Book club in the evening was really nice too - I made deviled eggs (for the first time) since the women in the book brought deviled egss to their book club. (though ours of course is way cooler!)

We're going to read Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol for next month, and maybe even catch a touring players group that's also putting it on - sounds like fun! Since it's Victorian, I can read it guilt free by also putting it on my comps reading list - so I don't have to feel like I'm taking time away from the things I have to read.

No comments: