Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Such a klutz!

I awoke this morning to reasonable summer temperatures and the intention of going running. But first, I was going to walk over the mailbox and send off the applications I had filled out last night.

Klutz that I am, I stepped of the curb wrong, twisted my ankle, and took about four layers of skin off my knee... yes, I know there's only three layers, and yes, I probably only penetrated to the second one, but it feels like more!

And it hurts like a SOB. The skin will heal, that I'm not worried about, it's the twisted ankle that I worry about. It's on the leg that I tore a muscle on two years ago, which is still stiff sometimes. At least it's not swollen - that's probably a good sign that there' no permanent damage.

But dammit! I hate being a klutz!

No comments: