Wednesday, August 24, 2005

There and back... again

This has been a summer full of travel, well, for my family at least. I've pretty much stayed put aside from a brief foray across the border in search of comedy.

Our family hasn't been together much this summer - they've all been off here and there, back and forth, to and fro, well, you get the picture.

The day after school ended, we sent daughters 2 & 3 off on a jet plane. The next day daughter 1 left. Then nothing much happened for about a month. Then daughters 2 & 3 came back. Two days later, daughter 2 left again. Eleven days later daughter 1 came home. Two days after that daughter 2 came home. Three days later, husband left, and three more days after that, daughter 3 left again.

Today husband gets home, and then in another three days daughter 3 gets home. Four days after that I leave and by the time I get home, school starts.

So, did you manage to keep track there? I did (though I guess I can cheat cause I have the calendar with everyone's travel plans on it in front of me). That makes three days together as a family so far and four next week. In the two months of summer, we only managed to be together for a total of a week!

Is this a having teenagers kind of thing, or just my travel bug family?

No comments: