Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The worry list

Thought it was time to update my worry list. Some of it's old, but some of it's new.

  • Exams - what isn't there to worry about this? I'm not smart enough, my field statements won't be comprehensive enough, I'll get questions I can't answer, I'll fail the exams, I won't write them when I want to, I'll get kicked out of the program (because I failed them) etc.
  • Daughter in Honduras - strange customs/food/fauna, homesickness, illness... lots of stuff could be going wrong here.
  • Teaching - seem to be getting stuck with 2 preps for the fall, which means extra pressure on the get them written when I want to part of exam worry
  • Daughter in NH - she's not in Honduras, but it's her first long stint alone, and she's working, and I hope she's liking it and not missing home too much.
  • Tuition - not mine, his. We don't know where this is coming from yet.
  • Daughter who graduates high school next year - marks this year weren't so good, which means scholarships are out the window (see "tuition" above)
  • Daughter who has decided not to read this summer - worth worrying about? maybe not - but it's unusual, and I'm hoping it's just a summer thing and not indicative of a bigger attitude thing.

On the bright side, a chat with a friend, while not actually eliminating any of the things that I'm worrying about, cheered me up and made me think that I just worry too much!

No comments: