Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fun with words

After a full day of reading extremely dry material that left me scratching my head, I decided I needed some amusement. I found it when I ran across this website that converts webpages into various "dialects"... here's my last post, converted to jive:
Dursday, Octoba' 05, 2006

De mo'e doodads change da damn mo'e dey stay de same

Lookin' back, ah' see dat dree years ago on dis day, I wuz preoccupied wid mah' (in)ability t'get around.

Last year, ah' wuz bloggin' about mah' baaaad homeys.

Today, homeys and movin' around is also on mah' mind. I'm missin' homeys dat I've left behind some lot today. Slap mah fro! I'm not sho' man whut it be about today dat's generatin' dis feelin', but ah' am missin' dem. WORD! As much as wo'kin' fum crib be convenient and all, it probably won't help t'dispel de feelin' dat I'm disconnected fum de wo'ld. I'm lookin' fo'ward t'a trip back in de next few weeks as some way uh reconnectin', if only tempo'arily. Slap mah fro!

On some brighta' note, I'm pleased wid mah' last run. 'S coo', bro. Last week ah' finally gots'ta de point where ah' dun didn't feel sho't uh bread durin' de whole run. 'S coo', bro... which ah' can only assume be related t'a real slow acclimatizashun t'de higha' eleveashun here. It wuz real baaaad t'finish some (sho't) run widout feelin' likes ah' wuz gaspin' fo' air de whole time. And yesterday, ah' finally broke da damn 4 km barria' dat ah' seemed t'be stymied by fo' de last several monds. ah' know it's not much - some uh my eyeballers run MUCH farda' dan dat - but fo' me it's some bustdrough. Lop some boogie. And at least now ah' won't embarass mah'self wid some poo' puh'fo'mance at next weekend's Go'illa Run.

Now I'm gonna go convert some other webpages and see what comes out!

No comments: