Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Miscellany

Even though there's plenty going on, it feels like there's not much to say.

I signed an employment contract this morning, so I guess I'm officially employed, though I'll have a better idea about what's involved and when I'll get started on Thursday after our first meeting. I'm a little nervous about the job because I've never done something like this before, but I'm also excited because it sounds real interesting. Only time will tell whether this is a good move or not, I suppose.

I also heard about a potential adjunct position in spring, which would be nice because then I'd be back in the classroom, which I've been missing a bit.

Yesterday I had a weird sense of deja vu when I returned to the university library to pick up some materials. It wasn't so much entering the library that did it but the sense of falling back into a routine. In the library tower, when you come out of the elevators onto the floor where the literature and related texts are, you have the choice of four directions to take. The eerie part was that I turned without thinking in the very direction I needed to go to find what I was looking for. It was like my body remembered where to look, even if my conscious mind didn't. It was a little weird.

And I got invited to a new book club, which I'm looking forward to, 'cause I've been missing my old one - mostly the people in it - a lot since I left.

Other than that, everything else is just humdrum usual stuff. Bored you? Yes, I know. I apologize. I'll try to do something exciting this week. But I can't promise anything.

No comments: