Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Had a summer job interview this afternoon. Went okay - a good sign was when we were discussing the position and one of the interviewers suggested that I might be considered for another (better) position as well.

Mind you, that can be a plus and a minus. I have interviewed people for a position before and suggested another position that they hadn't applied for, but I know when I did it, it was usually because the person was not ideally suited for the original position, but I was impressed with them and wanted them as part of our organization. Sometimes it worked out that we'd hire them for another position, sometimes it didn't. Hopefully I'm in the former category 'cause the alternate position is more responsibility, more interesting, and (I'm not sure, but hopefully) more money. The more interesting is bonus enough, and the experience wouldn't hurt on my cv.

Frankly, I wasn't really enthused about the interview when I went because I wasn't sure exactly what the job was about. And sure, there are some parts that I probably won't like, but those are the ones that will challenge me to try something new, so I guess I think it would be an okay summer job - the money's okay, and it's only for six weeks, so I'd still have a little time to myself as well. I still ideally would like to teach at Northeastern, but they don't have enough classes to go around, and since I'm at the bottom of the heap, the trickle down will likely dry up before it reaches me.

So...now it's all up to fate - my name's out there for everything I can possibly find - we'll just have to see what shows up.

Man! Leaving things up to fate is hard for a control-freak like me!

No comments: