Friday, April 18, 2003

I'm getting so filled up with reading I wonder where it all goes....maybe at some point, I'll just overflow and it will all come spilling out again...yeah, maybe that would be good - it might relieve some of the pressure in my head!

words, words, words, words....I just keep shovelling more and more in, but they don't seem to connect to anything inside my head, like they're all just floating around in there...swimming in some big soupy mess - I wonder if I keep shoving words in without getting rid of some of them, without writing some of them back out, if they'll just start leaking out on their own...big messes of words running out of my nose and ears, and running out of my eyes and down my cheeks, splotches of black ink that will run and run like cheap mascara.

I once had a nosebleed that was so violent that the blood started coming out my eye sockets - not a word of a lie - freaked the hell out of me, that's for sure. Kinda freaky to envision words doing the same thing...kind of like a *blat* and they all come pouring and pouring out.

Didn't think this studying thing could be that dangerous.

Words, words, words, words,...you know, I used to love words, their uses, their idiosyncrasies, their exactness at times and their ambiguity at others...but I think this PhD is breeding that love out of me...turning it into a love/hate kind of relationship.

Can't live with them, can't live without them.

No comments: