Monday, April 07, 2003

So, here's a semi-funny, semi-embarassing story. I had a presentation today in class and had found the material I wanted to use last week, so I was thinking I had it pretty much made. No worries.

So I went in to the city a little earlier than I usually would in part because I wanted to make sure I photocopied some stuff I needed to copy (and the copier's been acting wonky lately) and in part because we were supposed to get a major snowstorm (which still hasn't showed up) and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic. In the photocopier room I met my classmate who is also presenting and he's photocopying his handout for the class. Yikes! We pull out the syllabus...and look at that! We're supposed to have a handout. And guess who doesn't have one! And it's a half hour before class! Ack!

Needless to say, I had a handout by the time class started, but I really can't vouch for how wonderful it was. I didn't even have time to proof read it before I had to print and copy it. Oh well, hopefully the handout part of the presentation wasn't worth too much of the mark! I guess that admonition about reading the directions is a good one - maybe next time I'll have to pay attention to the instructions.

No comments: