Tuesday, April 08, 2003

This comprehensive exam is annoyingly frustrating to study for! I've gotten so much advice about how to study for it, and yet it's so vague, that I'm wiggin' out. It really is an exam that can be about anything in English literature (or film)...yes, they say the best way to study for it is to review all your notes for the last year, but they also tell you that none of the questions are going to be drawn directly from the classwork. And then you hear from someone who took the test last year that there was a question that directly related to that student's research interests. So what the...?

So far, the strategy has been to look at notes, re-read a couple of novels we looked at in different classes and re-read some theory, but the frustrating part is that for everything that I read, I think of something else that I should read...it's like a never ending story! I'm never gonna finish studying for this exam!

Hence the frustration.

No comments: