Thursday, April 10, 2003

I'm all for teamwork and helping the next person out...and most of the time I really don't mind if I have to do something that someone else has forgotten about, or otherwise dropped the ball on, but when I've got plenty of my own stuff to do, it gets frustrating to have to run around doing other people's stuff for them. Sure, if I had all the time in the world, it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't, and I do like to sleep, eat, talk to friends and family, you know, normal stuff that other people get to do!

I'm supposed to be at a meeting on Monday and to prepare some materials for that meeting (actually, quite a bit of work) and I was supposed to receive the stuff I needed today from a colleague. Unfortunately, that colleague has not been around, and the coordinator for the meeting isn't either. And now I have no materials to work on over the weekend. Normally, I guess it wouldn't bother me too much, but this particular problem has the potential of costing me a lost opportunity to earn money....and THAT is no laughing matter in this expensive city!

No comments: