Tuesday, May 27, 2003

The conference was good, and I'm glad I took the advice of the colleagues who were urging me to go. It was a strange event, and if I feel I have the luxury of time to detail it, I will.

Madison, WI looked so much like home that it brought tears to me eyes, ...well, and then we hit the interstate, and the illusion passed, but it is a gorgeous city and so unlike New England. The weather there was gorgeous too - considering it rained here the whole weekend! Ugh! The only downside was that the forecast out there was for cloud, so I brought almost no warm weather clothing and sweltered for a couple of afternoons.

I am busy trying to figure out how to prepare for this oral exam and starting to get nervous about it - I've never had a good experience in an oral exam - I just hope this one is better than the last.

No comments: